Parent/ Child Guidelines
We need your help and involvement to reinforce all the positive aspects of your
childs experience at CBC.
If you have any questions concerning our Parent/ Child Guidelines, please
contact the Director at 401-454-7245 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Were here to make your childs sailing experience as safe and enjoyable
> Parental Involvement
> Daily Schedule
> Expectations For Behavior
We need your help to reinforce all the positive aspects of your child’s experience at CBC. Talking with your child about his/ her class experience is a great opportunity
to share newly learned skills and build a dialog that:
- Offers support and encouragement
- Reinforces learned skills
- Increases confidence and self-esteem
- Addresses problems or issues in a timely manner
- Allows you to share in the joy and thrill of learning to sail
Sailing and paddling are challenging sports that encourage and require a healthy lifestyle. Help us prepare your child for a full day on the water with these simple, important guidelines that will help sailors and paddlers alike to learn properly, and enjoy their experience:
- Get a good nights sleep and eat a healthy breakfast
- Bring a healthy, non-perishable lunch with ice-pack (recycle!)
- Bring a re-usable water bottle (no plastic, single-use bottles!)
- Wear sun-block, sunglasses, hat, and other sun protection
- Wear layered clothes for cooler temperatures on the water
- Bring a change of dry clothes and a towel
- Wear old sneakers or aqua socks that can get wet
- Tight sandals with a toe/ arch strap are OK (no flip-flops)
- Dont bring jewelry, electronics, or anything that you value
- CBC is not responsible for any lost, immersed, or stolen items
- CBC provides Coast Guard approved Type III lifejackets
- Do not drop students off earlier than 15 min. before class
- Prompt pick-ups by an authorized parent/guardian only
- Please use CBC front entrance and wait on deck for pick-ups
- CBC is not liable for drop-off or pick-up at other locations
- Summer Sailing Camp
- 9:00 - 10:00, Attendance, classroom session, rigging
- 10:00 - 12:00, On-the-water instruction
- 12:00 - 1:00, Lunch
- 1:00 - 1:30, Specialized classroom session
- 1:30 - 3:00, On-the-water instruction
- 3:00 - 3:30, De-rig, debrief
- 3:30 - 3:45,
- After-School Programs
- 3:00* - 3:30, Attendance, classroom session, rigging
- 3:30 - 5:30, On-the-water instruction
- 5:30 - 6:00, De-rig, debrief
- 5:30* - 6:00*,
*Custom group after-school sailing times may differ as scheduled
CBC has developed rules and procedures to help ensure a safe, rewarding, and fun learning environment. It is important that you and your child review these guidelines. Appropriate behavior is expected at all times.
- Listen to adults at all times.
- Use kind words.
- Always stay in the cockpit while sailing or paddling
- No rough play! (It is unsafe.)
- Be helpful to your crew (rigging and de-rigging the boat!)
- Keep your hands in the boat and to yourself!
- No throwing the gravel on the land.
- Do not go past the green line without your life jacket.
- Your life jacket must be zipped & clipped.
- HAVE FUN!
Verbal or physical abuse, or behavior that jeopardizes your child’s safety or that of anyone else in the program will not be tolerated. Failure to observe the rules and procedures vary according to the nature of the infraction, but can include loss of boating privileges and/ or program expulsion. All students will be accountable to the following three-step system:
Step 1 - This step is a first warning. Parents will be notified of the incident and will receive a written note describing the incident.
Step 2 - At the second step, a discussion will be held with parents. The student will receive a brief suspension from the program. The student and parents will also be reminded that a third step could result in a suspension from the rest of the session.
Step 3 - At the third step, a meeting will be called with the Director. The student will receive an extended suspension from the program, possibly suspension for the remainder of the session. You will not be refunded your payment in this situation.